Senior Software Engineer in Test - REMOTE
Henry Schein One is the global leader in dental management, analytics, communication and marketing software. We deliver innovative dental software and services, combined with expert business coaching, to help connect dental technology so it works as one.
When technology connects, more data is shared, more tasks are automated, and more work gets done. And most importantly, dental professionals have more time to focus on providing a quality experience for their patients. In fact, one connected practice management system simplifies each step of the patient experience - from first contact and scheduling, to clinical treatment and billing, to ensuring loyalty and recurring care.
If you are looking for a growing career that makes a difference, come be part of our team today! We are actively considering qualified remote and on-site candidates within the U.S.
This position is responsible for writing and maintaining automated functional testing for Dentrix Enterprise software. Leverage a moderate understanding of the business domain and existing frameworks for the success of development projects. Due to contractual obligations this role requires US Citizenship.
TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGIES
- MS Playwright
- Design and code complex solutions that meet business requirements on schedule and within budget
- Mentor more junior software engineers in test in regard to best practices of a specific programming language with the ability to explain technical concepts in written and verbal forms
- Record defects found and provide sufficient information for the resolution of those defects
- Document in the test management software: test cases, test suites, and test plans designed for functional and regression testing of the product
- Establish a high level of code quality by writing unit tests, integration tests, automation tests, participating in code reviews, executing test cases at the acceptance testing level as part of the functional testing or regression testing of the product
- Assist user documentation and technical support by assembling and providing concise and accurate information in regard to software functionality
- Implement code that follows established standards and demonstrates a basic understanding of services, and data warehousing
- Implement code that demonstrates a good understanding of design patterns, test automation, continuous integration/deployment, versioning, networking, database management systems, database design, database access, memory management, modeling, security, refactoring, and concurrency
- Implement code that demonstrates an expert understanding of Object Oriented design, design patterns, test automation, continuous integration/deployment, and versioning
- Provide task decomposition, documentation and estimates in accordance with a moderate understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Maintain advanced knowledge and stay current with trends associated with software development, software testing, and quality assurance
- Attend all meetings necessary for the seamless delivery of the product as part of the Software Development Life Cycle
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Typically 5 to 7 or more years of increasing responsibility in terms of any applicable professional experience.
- Bachelors Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Masters degree or global equivalent a plus.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Experience with C#, Test Complete, NodeJS, Playwright
- Good ability to implement test automation derived from technical specifications and code analysis
- Good ability to derive and design tests from general product requirements
- Advanced knowledge of test cases, test plans, and test suites
- Good knowledge of application design patterns
- Advanced ability to implement code derived from technical specifications
- Advanced ability to problem solve/diagnose in a technical space
- Advanced knowledge of an applicable programming language
- Good knowledge of data storage formats, tools and languages
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Similar developer/software engineer jobs in san diego ca
- developer/software engineer jobs jobs near me
- senior software engineer jobs near me
- Software Developer- REMOTE at Jobot
- Software Engineer at Slalom
- Entry level Software Engineer/ Developer (Amazon Connect) at Quintrix
- Software Development Engineer at BAE Systems
- C#.Net Software Engineers (3 openings) (100% Remote) at Conexess Group
- Software Engineer at NuVasive
- Principal Software Engineer, Android - Remote at Trulia