Senior OP Complex Surgical Coder HIMS Remote
Primary City/State:Phoenix, Arizona
Department Name:Coding-Acute Care Hospital
Job Category:Revenue Cycle
Primary Location Salary Range:$23.37/hr - $35.06/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices including remote work options. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Are you a superstar coder looking for the opportunity to code a wide variety of accounts? Do you have Surgical Facility Coding (multiple specialties) experience? Consider joining our Acute Care Coding team at Banner Health.
The Acute Outpatient Complex Surgical Coding Department - ("Mint B" Team) codes a variety of accounts across all facilities, allowing coders to learn new skills and keep up with those that they have. We have an excellent Education Team that provides support and ongoing educational opportunities. Leaders and Educators work together to provide cross-training and advancement opportunities. The OPC Complex team has 14-15 coders. We work together as a team, in shared worklists, to complete daily coding goals. We have ongoing support and communication with our coders, including monthly 1:1's and department meetings. We offer on-going flexibility within our business hours (M-F 5:30am-7pm) in the time zone that employee is located. We also work with employees who occasionally need to work outside of our business hours in order to eliminate using hours from their PTO bank, such as for a doctors appt during the day. You will have the remarkable opportunity to work remotely and still be part of an engaged team who works hard every day to make healthcare easier, so life can be better for the patients we care for at more than 25 facilities across multiple States.
This Senior Acute Care / Facility Outpatient Complex Surgical Coder - (Same Day Surgeries) Remote Medical Coder is working in multiple specialties, and Observation visits, requires bringing your three+ years of experience providing coding services for a broad range of hospital and acute care facilities, solid CPT skills in a variety of encounters/surgery types, working knowledge of PCS coding fundamentals, and experience addressing NCCI edits and applying appropriate modifiers. A CCS or CPC or RHIT or RHIA Certification in an active status with AHIMA or AAPC is required.This position requires 3 or more years of experience coding outpatient accounts for an acute care facility, to include Observations, Outpatient In a Bed, Same Day Surgeries, Cath Lab, Interventional Radiology, knowledge of both CPT and PCS skills. Banner coders are expected to code PCS on all outpatient procedures.Currently, production is 3 charts/hour with the range being 2.91-3.09 charts/hr.
You will be required to take 2 coding proficiency tests, following their interview, that will cover ICD-10 dx coding, CPT, and ICD-10 PCS
Banner Health provides your equipment when hired.
You will be fully supported in training for 1 month+ according to individual need, with continued support throughout your career here!
This is a fully remote position and available if you live in the following states only: AK, AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI & WY.
The hours are flexible as we have remote Coders across the Nation. Generally any 8 hour period between 7am - 7pm can work, with production being the greatest emphasis.Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position provides coding and abstracting services for the full range of hospital services and/or complex specialty practice areas. Reviews diagnosis and diagnostic information and codes and abstracts diagnoses and/or surgical procedures on all inpatient, outpatient and emergency room records using ICD CM and CPT 4 coding classification systems. Completes DRG and APC assignments on inpatient or outpatient record as appropriate. Ensures ethical and accurate coding in accordance with all regulatory requirements and AHIMA Standards of Ethical Coding.
1. Analyzes medical information from medical records. Accurately codes diagnostic and procedural information in accordance with national coding guidelines and appropriate reimbursement requirements. Consults with medical providers to clarify missing or inadequate record information and to determine appropriate diagnostic and procedure codes. Provides thorough, timely and accurate assignments of ICD and/or CPT4 codes, MS-DRGs, APCs, POAs and reconciliation of charges.
2. Abstracts clinical diagnoses, procedure codes and documents other pertinent information obtained from the medical record into the electronic medical records. Seeks out missing information and creates complete records, including items such as disease and procedure codes, point of origin code, discharge disposition, date of surgery, attending physician, consulting physicians, surgeons and anesthesiologists, and appropriate signatures/authorizations. Refers inconsistent patient treatment information or documentation to coding quality analysis, supervisor or individual department for clarification/additional information for accurate code assignment.
3. Provides quality assurance for medical records. For all assigned records and/or areas assures compliance with coding rules and regulations according to regulatory agencies for state Medicaid plans, Center for Medicare Services (CMS), Office of the Inspector General (OIG) and the Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA), as well as company and applicable professional standards.
4. As assigned, compiles daily and monthly reports; tabulates data from medical records for research or analysis purposes.
5. Acts as a knowledge resource to clinical staff in billing code matters. May provide leadership and training for less experienced staff members.
6. Works under general supervision using specialized expertise in the subject matter. Works within a set of defined rules. Refers complex matters to supervisor, lead, or Coding Quality Analyst for interpretation of coding guidelines and LCDs (Local Coverage Determinations) for accurate assignment of codes according to guidelines.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge and specialized formal training in medical record keeping principles and practices, anatomy, physiology, pathology, medical terminology, standard nomenclature, and classification of diagnoses and operations, or an Associate's degree in a health care field.
Requires Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P) or Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administration (RHIA) in an active status with the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
Must demonstrate a level of knowledge and understanding of ICD and/or CPT coding principles as recommended by the American Health Information Management Association coding competencies, and as normally demonstrated by certification by the American Academy of Professional Coders. Requires three or more years of experience providing coding services for a broad range of hospital and acute care facilities. . Must be able to achieve an acceptable accuracy rate on the coding test administered by the hiring facility according to pre-established company standards.
Must be able to work effectively with common office software and coding software and abstracting systems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.
Similar certified medical coder jobs in tulsa ok
- certified medical coder jobs jobs near me
- coder hims jobs near me
- Specialist, Coder I at Saint Francis Health System
- Operation manager at VirtualVocations
- Multi-Specialty Surgical Coder Physician Practice Remote at Banner Health
- Coding Investigator Auditor at Health Care Service Corporation
- Auditor, Coding at Saint Francis Health System
- Medical Billing and Coding Clerk at Thrivas
- Bilingual Medical Coding Auditor-WAH-US and Puerto Rico at Humana Inc.