Risk Adjustment Coder
Cano Health Miami, Florida
insurance medical excel cpc cms charts spreadsheets encounter education training coordination primary care providers
November 20, 2022
- Review medical record information to identify all appropriate coding based on CMS HCC categories
- Prepare the medical charts and track patient information via Excel spreadsheets.
- Complete appropriate paperwork/documentation/system entry regarding claim/encounter information
- Provide coding support, education and training related to, quality of documentation, level of service and diagnosis coding consistent with established coding guidelines and standards
- Provide real time support and coordination with Primary Care Providers and Care Coordinators for MRA coding, HEDIS and STARS
- Monitor coding changes to ensure that most current information is available
- Work HCC suspect reports
- Accurately code and submit encounters on a timely basis
- Researching and addressing code questions for multiple provider offices as directed
- Update the Director on the status on a weekly basis
- Notifies Patient Experience Manager if annual wellness visits for patients have not been scheduled.
- Travel to offices as necessary to complete on-site chart reviews
- Performs post-audits on assigned offices and notifies office contact when codes are not addressed for provider review.
- Support and participate in process and quality improvement initiatives.
- Assists with billing claims as assigned.
- Two (2) years prior medical coding experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong organization and process management skills
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn new tasks and concepts
- CPC, CPC-A or CCS-P, CRC Coding Certification
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Miami, FL 33178: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
Report this job