Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Ophthalmology
8 AM-4:30 PM
To serve as assistant and full support for Faculty Onboarding Administrator of the Department of Ophthalmology. Prepares, coordinates and manages a variety of large and small projects.
Typical Duties (ESSENTIAL):
- Assist with Managing the faculty credentialing and new hire appointment, re-appointment and promotion process. Responsible for preparing new faculty, reappointment forms and promotions forms. Drafts appropriate letters and forms for faculty and voluntary reappointment process.
- Gathers all pertinent information and provides documentation for appointment requirements. This also includes drafting chair letters, internal/external requests for recommendation letters, processing 500 forms, recruitment forms, self-assessments, peer evaluations, and publications for the Dean’s office.
- Oversees operational flow of new faculty hires. Assists the Director in responding to requests for letters of support and recommendation including faculty reappointment, executing final versions of letters.
- Acts as a liaison in regards to the rules and regulations of the Faculty handbook.
- Ensures all faculty meet requirements for Moonlighting and Conflict of Interest.
- Works closely with Chair & Dean’s office in meeting criteria and deadlines for all appointments
- Monitoring and management of hospital credentialing and re-credentialing of department faculty to ensure that files are accurate and current. Overseeing voluntary faculty process in regards to missing elements (PPD, infection control, DEA#, Health Updates, laser credentialing, malpractice insurance, etc) to meet requirements for their credentialing packets. Overseeing activities log to ensure they meet department criteria for reappointment. Processing of credentialing forms related to offsite locations.
- Implements departmental policies, procedures, and service standards of the University in conjunction with management. Interpret and communicate work procedures and company policies to staff.
- Responsible for processing faculty forms, new and replacement positions, posting student positions and hiring paperwork.
- Prepare, review and track the processing of University Forms and invoices according to established procedures and University and Department policies.
- Performs routine office duties, general correspondence and assist with problem solving
- Provide back up support to the Executive Assistant to the Chair of Ophthalmology.
- Provides administrative support for the Chair/Director. Involves creation and management of new hire, reappointment paperwork and monitoring of processes, drafting and composition of routine and non-routine confidential correspondence for faculty appointments.
- Anticipates needs and relays Directors’ instructions, preferences and concerns to appropriate individuals. Tracks items requiring Directors’ attention, response or planning and meets on a regular basis to review and discuss.
College graduation or an equivalent combination of experience and training. 1 year of relevant administrative experience
The University of Rochester is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion to advance the University’s mission to Learn, Discover, Heal, Create – and Make the World Ever Better. In support of our values and those of our society, the University is committed to not discriminating on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, military/veteran status, national origin, race, religion/creed, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law. This commitment extends to the administration of our policies, admissions, employment, access, and recruitment of candidates from underrepresented populations, veterans, and persons with disabilities consistent with these values and government contractor Affirmative Action obligations.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Similar medical front desk jobs in rochester ny
- medical front desk jobs jobs near me
- administrative assistant jobs near me
- Front Desk Receptionist at Rochester Clinical Research
- Medical Front Office Outpatient Access Specialist (FT) at University of Rochester Medical Center
- Front Desk Medical Secretary at Lattimore Physical Therapy
- Medical Receptionist at Sleep Insights
- Medical Receptionist at Women Gynecology and Childbirth Associates, PC
- Receptionist Clerk I at University of Rochester
- Receptionist at Rochester Ambulatory Surgery Center